Community seniors are the pioneers of our century
Community seniors are the pioneers of our century and deserve the upmost respect and recognition. At ARC we interact with seniors in ways that are fun, interesting and helpful through our senior’s programs.
Time is well spent with the elders at the CHSLD Marguerite de Champlain, where our community health co-ordinator entertains them with games and activities that help stimulate the body and mind.
ARC also hosts drop-ins at the Greenfield Park Legion once a month where participants enjoy interactive games and refreshments after a fun afternoon.
A drop-in is hosted at Saint Barnabas church in Saint Lambert three times a month, right after their community lunch where seniors stay on for an afternoon of games, coffee and conversation.
Our goal is to help break isolation and support our seniors in ways where life continues to bring them enjoyment.
Activities and Services for Seniors
- Colour Café facilitated by a professional artist twice a month.
- Assistance with income tax forms for low income individuals.
- Monthly activity for seniors with limited mobility in long-term care residence.
- Assisting the community to navigate the health and social services system.
- Drop-in activities 3 times a month. Afternoon of fun and games to break isolation.
- Arts and Crafts Workshops offered 3 times a month. Open to 50+ and facilitated by a professional artist.
- National Senior’s Day celebration.
- Yoga and Qi Gong activities for 50+ offered once per week.
- Information sessions, webcast Jog your Mind Program and more.
Tips and Advice for Seniors
Eat Healthy, Stay Active, and Keep to a Routine during the COVID-19 Pandemic